Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Eh

I was hoping, as an odd year, that 2015 would have more good times and memories. Instead, I think this year will be one of the more uneventful odd-numbered years in my life so far.

Of course, it's not over yet, so I can't absolutely write it off as entirely boring. And there were a few notable things - most notable of all being my flight training.

This afternoon, I had a delayed flight lesson due to, surprisingly, a job interview over the phone. The result was that the lesson encroached upon dusk, and I got to see a glimpse of what night flying will be like when I do it in the future. I've done all the other lessons now - spirals, steep turns, slipping, etc. - and now it's just doing circuits. Flying within the airport's traffic circuit en route from departure to landing. The point being to practice entry and exit and take offs and, most importantly, landings.

I've only filmed the spirals and steep turns. I didn't see any point to filming slips (basically flying at a slight or obvious angle into the wind to keep the plane on a straight path) or filming takeoffs and landings, though I wish I did today.

The spirals video. I haven't yet edited and put up the steep turns video.

I had, probably naively, high expectations for this year largely because I would be finishing school permanently for now and entering the professional job market. I put a lot of hope on the idea that I would finish my classes and be hired into a job virtually immediately, before I even graduated. Actually, I spent another summer at Wal-Mart.

I did gain a friend this year, via interest in my panoramas, and there were some good times. They were just few, and I even had an auto accident. But we'll see what the last couple of weeks of the month have to offer. I'm working Christmas Eve. The first time since I nearly had to in 2011. But the succeeding two days I have off.

I've been writing some essays that are similar to what I'd put on here, but I haven't bothered because they focus on real concrete things that I have an opinion and stance on, and I feel like keeping them to myself for the moment.

I wonder what 2016 will be like. Perhaps more exciting than 2015? Probably. I'll likely end up going to Jordan then, and maybe getting hired into a job. Maybe actually go camping. We'll see.
It's a low-quality cell phone image but it's the best I had during the lesson.


Red Cloud
"

No comments: