Saturday, July 18, 2015

Caution

I haven't written on here lately or particularly recently and I've also been going back (particularly to 2010) to delete select posts I'd written. 

The reason for this is to trim out any negative, overly emotional stuff I may have put up in the past so this doesn't look too awful for any prospective employers. A typical, good idea for someone in my position.

The outlook isn't good, but it isn't hopeless. In terms of the summer, anyway. The ratio of my applying to places, when I can, of employers responding to not responding is actually pretty good I think. But I won't go into too much detail on that. The point is to remain professional from now on.

Song reviews, film reviews, observations that aren't too personal or too radical, those posts are alright. It's just the older, more immature, emotions-on-the-sleeve ones.

This censuring makes me think of the Supertramp song 'The Logical Song': "Watch what you say, or they'll be calling you radical, a liberal, oh, fanatical, a criminal..."

It's mostly why I haven't really written recently, as I think that what I may have to say would not be considered appropriate enough. In this vein, a blog should be about what you're interested in, but written in a cool, professional, easy-to-read way. It should be written to emphasize what you know about something to someone who may want to know. It should never be written to be manipulative or persuasive in an indirect way. It should be written for everyone, not one person to hopefully read it - I did that for too long between '09 and '11. Not anymore.

I should hopefully be somewhere between this autumn and winter of this year and spring of next year, at the very latest. Preferably this autumn and not next spring. But either way, I intend on taking flying lessons by then, so that will make things fun and interesting. After all, no one is at a standstill in anything. Unless you've lost all ambition, you're always growing and changing, so one thing will eventually lead to another.

Red Cloud
"

No comments: