Monday, March 15, 2010

They're Within the Virtual Planet

Well, my 360 panoramas have now shown up in Google Earth:
The Merivale Road one I did a few weeks ago.

When I did it I was off to see a friend of mine, meeting him at Canadian Tire. I had just been with another friend at his school and was heading south when I decided to take a panorama with the wires overhead. I ended up exactly with the result I had been hoping for, and I'm pretty pleased with it. The only thing that's annoying is the sidewalk didn't stitch properly, as I didn't take the darn image properly. I posted the "planet" of it on Flickr when I finished it, and now all the panoramas I've published are in Google Earth, something I was hoping for as I find Ottawa's photographers always focus on the same monuments and government buildings. There's never the odd panorama taken on some simple arterial road or just anywhere but the usual places. One of my focuses is getting pictures and pans of everyday sights and scenes. Like the Merivale Road one.

Expect more soon. I'll be taking more. The only thing and annoyance is having to carry a tripod around, an item crucial to capturing good, well-stitched images without any parallax error.

Justin C.

No comments: