Friday, January 1, 2010

Perfect Sound

I can't believe it. I'm amazed. It was perfect.


What I'm talking about is a song I did - I covered Madness's 'Samantha' on the bass. Just for fun, I put the song itself under the video of me playing it, matching it up with my bass.


It sounded EXACT.


It was like the song was playing like normal - with a big bass boost.


The notes were perfectly right. The sound was exact. The timing was exact. I played the song exactly. 


I'm quite pleased. Because I learnt it and practiced it all by ear.


This is another example of the use of synesthesia - the tones and colors/textures I read from the music match the ones on my bass when I pluck the right note, right string. And when I've laid it down and practiced it, it almost becomes a substitute for the song - an extra bass boost, like mentioned above. 


Virtually amazing. It's quite exhilarating to be able to watch myself play something exactly right on an instrument.


I'm going to upload this video to YouTube. It's so cool. I really like it. I'm proud of my accomplishment. It didn't take very long for me to learn the song, not at all. That's another thing - it takes a very short time for me to do that. It comes to me very easily.


Expect a YouTube video soon. Wow.


Justin C.

No comments: