Friday, January 1, 2010

Bass + Drums = Samantha Cover

I've managed to record both the drums and bass of that song, "Samantha," and upload it to YouTube:





It's an accomplishment. With my exact bass mentioned earlier, I then proceeded to record the
drums, using the bass cover to follow. After that I matched them up together, increased the
volume of the drums a bit, and the bass (to the drums) and then for good effect, added in
monochromes of my drums and bass.


Not bad?


I'll admit that the hi-hat sounds a bit messy, but it always does in this kind of situation, this kind of recording. It can't be completely perfect. But I'm happy anyways.


Cool? It's the first time I've ever tried this. Maybe I'll do more in the future. 2010 is getting off to a pretty good start.

Note: If the words are a little weird, well, this posting editor isn't working properly. Sorry for the inconvenience.



Justin C.

No comments: